Saturday, August 27, 2011

The Peacock is Strutting His Stuff

I finished the peacock pendant I was working on as well as a few other pieces of jewelry. It features a Labradorite gemstone. Labradorite shimmers with blue iridescence similar to a peacock's plumage; also features three Peridot, and three blue Topaz accent stones. The silver metalwork also includes a 14K gold crown and a few gold pieces mixed into the silver granulation. In the background of this picture is the metalwork when it was nearly finished before setting the stones. I love the way these pieces come to life when the stones are set and the metal is polished.
Pictured below are some other pieces I made this week;  a Kingman Turquoise Pendant and Earrings, an Azurite Malacite Pendant and a Citrine Pendant with a Citrine Accent Stone. These pieces are now listed in my Etsy and Artfire stores. Visit the links below to see more views.


No comments:

Post a Comment