Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Butterfly Sculpture from Lunar Skies



My jewelry sales haven't been burning up the web so I decided on a two pronged program; Market & Diversify. I'm having a Jewelry Sale in my Etsy store (25% off). These are great prices considering that silver is now more than $23.00 an ounce. Here's the link to my store http://www.etsy.com/shop/LunarSkiesJewelry



And now for the exciting news, at least it's exciting for me. I've started creating a sculpture line. I just finished the first piece two days ago. It's called "The Gathering" and I feel like a new Papa. Included are thumbnail pics and here is a link to my fine art site http://www.lunarskies.com/pages1/fineart.html


Here's a little info about the piece: Handcrafted Copper and Cholla Cactus Wood Butterfly Sculpture on Oak Base; approximately 28-1/2" high, base is approximately 5-1/4" x 9-1/2". Each butterfly is hand cut and forged from top quality copper stock. I was inspired to create this work from watching butterflies gather at the eucalyptus groves on the Central Coast of California and also at Desert Museum in Tucson, Arizona. I believe I have captured the feeling of freedom butterflies inspire.

I'm working an two other sculptures in the meantime, and will post them soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment