Saturday, October 30, 2010

Dragonflies Sculpture


 Dragonflies Sculpture

I just finished this piece yesterday. The dragonflies were a challenge, but I'm pleased with the way they turned out.

Handcrafted Copper and Cholla Cactus Wood Dragonfly Sculpture on Maple Base; approximately 9-1/2" high, x 7-1/2" x 7-1/2". Each Dragonfly is hand forged from top quality copper, bottom figure has textured wings. Next to butterflies I like dragonflies best of all flying insects. Their flight pattern reminds me of heliocopters. Any preditor that eats mosquitos can't be all bad.

To see a couple more views, previous pieces,  and larger pictures visit my web site: http://www.lunarskies.com/pages1/fineart.html 

My next sculpture will have fairies. I've started work on it but it is very much in the infant stage.


My Jewelry sale at 25% Off continues on etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop/LunarSkiesJewelry

1 comment:

  1. I love dragonflies. Yours are so awesome. Thank you for your comments on my posts.
    Where are you located. I used to live in Tombstone Arizona and go digging for quarts crystals with some good friends in Patagonia and a couple other places. Had so much fun and the best time I had was when we found a vein of quartz that was so enormous that you couldn't even put you arms around the entire vein. We havested some gorgeous scepters from it along with several other huge crystals. We had to dig around the peice and the length went on for about 4 feet or so.
    Fun times. The only drawback was the scorpions. I have been stung way too many times and it doesn't get any better with each sting.

    ReplyDelete